Monday, January 16, 2012

Addiction

Addiction: - noun 1. the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.
(it's the Skyrim drinking game. Each time I say (load), take a drink)
That's right folks it's time for a serious topic. Now I'm talking about addiction because, well this guy I know (me), has recently become addicted, to video games. Now I'm not gonna name names or anything, but this game is the reason why I haven't been productive since, well the 25th of December. Now in that time I've been able to level up a character to level 18, slay 8 dragons, prove that I am the all powerful Godzilla-born, and even settle down and get married. While in the real world, I've gotten worse at drumming, my room is falling into disrepair, and I've taken two weeks to clean the fishbowl. Yeah. Scary.
So anyway, I'd like to take this time to now tell you the moral of the story. When I walked out of the nest I had built from the blanket and soda cans, And blinking, step into the sun, I realized the fact that the outside world was a bit better than the fake virtual world because whenever I opened a bloody door, it didn't take me two minutes to (load) walk out the door, (load) turn around, (load) close the door, (load) an turn around again. Turns out that that is the biggest advantage of real life and the actual world over video games. There is absolutely no (load)ing time whatsoever. Of course there is no walk through guide to life. But I (load) digress. Here's the question: if someone were to play Skyrim for 21 days worth of (load)ing time (21 days is how long it takes for a new habit to take hold) could they actually become addicted to *glug* (load) screens?


No comments:

Post a Comment