Sunday, February 12, 2012

Poetry with JD: With Wings Unfurled

Sky is above
Earth is below
But we have no place to go

Be it desert, be it seas
Or be it in betwixt trees
We're locked in a room without the keys

On this bit of dirt so curled
We each live on
Knowing only our world

But we keep expanding
Like it or not
just like water, in a boiling pot

When I look up to sky
Whether day or night
I wish we had the gift of flight

For if we could soar
We could leave this sad world
And live in the sky, wings unfurled

This I do think
As I lay down to bed
These thoughts aloft, and free in my head

And then when I sleep
I dream of the sky
And in my dream, I soar and fly

Shot into my world
into flight I am hurled
And then I take off, with wings unfurled.
(c) JD Galuardi 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment