Sunday, February 12, 2012

Camping with JD - Part 1

This past weekend i had gone camping in the state of PA. on this campout, I went on a hike that brought me up and down a mountain. but that's not so important. what's important (really I mean relative to the subject at hand) is that in the middle of the hike, there was this meadow. Now, when I have been to this meadow before, it's always been clear and nice and a beautiful day and such. Not this time. Nope. This time it was snowing, and there was snow on the ground. The snow in the air made it so that in combination with the sky of clouds, there was no seeing anything past about 100 yards on the mountain. but when I got down to the bottom of the mountain and back to my campsite, I found that the same property of the sky earlier was gone, even though the snow was still falling (and there wasn't but a 10 minute walk back to the site from the meadow). It's really weird that a change in altitude of about 200 feet could change the conditions of the sky. But other than that, it was a really cold and gray camping trip. 


SEE YOU NEXT TIME ON "Camping with JD"!


Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Asafactblogspot/341769029196789
Twitter: @asafactblog
Youtube: Spoutsofinformation


Sincerely (home and warm again),
JD

No comments:

Post a Comment