Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Poetry with JD - The Woods

In the early morning
I traverse the grove
And hear the songbirds of those I love

They each have a voice
The deep voice of brother and friend
The chide of the sister whom I'll always amend

The growl of a father
Angry and terrible, a fiery rage
not soften a dulled by time and age

The jeer of a foe
The call of battle and cry of war
Though I know not what I fight them for

a plethora of sound
And all these voices I hear in the Glade
Amidst the trees and the shade

Then the cover breaks
And I see a sunlight clearing
As my vision cleans, so does
My hearing

A voice sang out
Like a soft crescendo of light and life
Nothing like the voices of strife

So I sit down here
And listen to the song bird
And slowly it is the only to be heard

Next time I visit
You can come too
Maybe you'll find the song bird that's you

No comments:

Post a Comment